Easy Eye Drops Instruction Manual
Thank you for choosing Easy Eye DropsTM. These instructions are for your general safety, use and care to avoid personal injury and damage to your eye drop glasses.
- Wash your hands.
- Open your (small) eye drop bottle, pipette, or vial.
- Place the bottle/pipette/vial in one of the three openings, push and turn gently until the bottle/pipette/vial is stuck firmly.
- Put on the glasses.
- Tilt your head backward till the bottle/pipette/vial is vertically above your eye.
- With one index finger pull down the lower lid of your eye to form a pocket.
- Look up.
- With the other hand gently squeeze the bottle/pipette/vial so that a single drop falls into the pocket made by the lower eyelid.
- Remove your index finger from the lower eyelid and gently close your eyes. Do not blink or move your eye around.
- Alternatively, do not form a pocket and have the drop land directly on the open eye.
- The eye can only hold about 50% of an average drop, so the rest will run down your cheek.
- When done clean the eye drop glasses with warm water and mild soap and wipe with rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol. Do not use until alcohol has dried.
- For photos and videos visit our website: www.easyeyedrops.com
INFORMATION from the Glaucoma Research Foundation (for full details visit: www.glaucoma.org)
- Once the drop is on the eye, do not blink your eye or move it around to spread the drop. Instead, gently close your eyes. Optional: Gently press on the inside corner of your closed eyes with your index finger and thumb for two to three minutes.
- Leave the eyelids closed for 3 minutes.
- Studies have shown that it takes 3 full minutes for the drop to completely penetrate the surface of the eye to get inside.
- After three minutes the drop is fully absorbed into the eye.
- If you are putting in more than one drop or more than one type of eye drop, wait five minutes before putting the next drop in. This will keep the first drop from being washed out by the second before it has had time to work.
- The information from the Glaucoma Research Foundation printed in this document is believed to be accurate and reliable. However, Easy Eye DropsTM does not give any representations or warranties, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or completeness of such information and shall have no liability for the consequences of use of such information.